You probably don’t think about the many uses of baking soda, other than keeping your food in your refrigerator fresh. However, it is much more than a baking supply.
Sodium bicarbonate, as it is also known, was first sold in 1846 when Dr. Austin church and John Dwight began selling their product with the arm and hammer logo, known the world over. And although there are much more expensive cleaning products, sodium bicarbonate can do the job just as well, if not better.
50 uses of Baking Soda
- Use it to clean Formica counter tops with a damp sponge.
- Clean out your coffeemaker by running it through its cycle with the soda solution. Rinse the machine after doing so.
- Eliminate unpleasant odors from ashtrays by washing them with soda and water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of soda to 1/2 glass of water for relief of acid indigestion.
- To relieve sunburn pain, add a paste of soda and water to the affected area.
- Use sodium bicarbonate as an underarm deodorant.
- Mixing one part soda to two parts of ground oatmeal makes a great facial cleanser. Just apply this mixture to the face and leave it on for a few minutes.
Next, gently remove it with cool water and a washcloth. You will notice your face feels much softer and smoother than before.
- Dipping your toothbrush into baking soda is one of the best teeth whitening products you can find. Not only would it whiten your teeth, it will freshen your breath as well.
- You can apply it to insect bites, poison ivy and rashes.
- It can help unstop a stuffy nose, by adding a teaspoon of soda to your vaporizer.
- You can place it under sinks and windows to repel cockroaches and ants.
- Sprinkle it in your cat’s litter box to remove foul odors.
- It is a good cleanser for barbecue grills.
- Clothing that is stained with oil and grease washes out better when soda is added to the wash water.
- You can help keep your drains flowing freely by adding four tablespoons of soda in them each week with hot water.
- Use soda to sweeten sour dishcloths.
- To eliminate pet odors from your carpet, sprinkle baking soda on your carpet where your pet lays. Leave the soda on your carpet for 30 minutes then vacuum up.
- A handful of soda can also be used to put out small fires.
- Pour a little bit of soda into your tennis shoes to eliminate odors.
- It is also an effective cleaner for piano keys.
- It can be used to clean out garbage cans.
- Use it to clean out thermos bottles using a mixture of soda and water to get rid of stale smells.
- It can remove burned on food on pans used for cooking. Apply a mixture of soda water to the pan, let soak for 10 minutes before cleaning.
- Add 1/2 cup of soda to your bath as a skin softener.
- Apply soda to a dampened cloth and apply to your car’s windshield, inside and out, to repel water.
- Add two tablespoons to your baby’s bathwater to relieve diaper rash.
- Relieve painful canker sores by using it as a mouthwash.
- Cut flowers will stay fresher longer by adding a teaspoon of soda to the water in the vase.
- You can sweeten your tomatoes by sprinkling baking soda on the ground around the plants.
- Make dried beans more digestible by soaking them in a solution of soda and water before cooking.
- Make your omelettes fluffier, by adding 1/2 teaspoon of soda for every three eggs used.
- Add a cup of soda to your bathroom toilet, let soak for an hour, then flush. Not only will it clean your toilet, it will eliminate any odors as well.
- Use a mixture of soda and water to clean food and drink containers.
- Use it to clean your dentures and retainers.
- Mix three tablespoons of soda with one quart of water, and use it to remove stubborn stains from marble or plastic surfaces.
- Minimize dishwater odor by sprinkling some soda at the bottom of the dishwasher before using.
- It is an excellent bathroom cleaner. You can clean most areas in your bathroom with dry soda applied to a moist sponge.
- Taking a bath in bicarbonate soda can provide relief from skin conditions such as chickenpox and measles.
- Applying some baking soda directly to the skin is an excellent treatment for windburn.
- By adding soda to water, you can remove the wild flavor from certain types of game before cooking.
- It can be applied to almost any surface to get rid of unpleasant odors.
- Clean your microwave oven after each use with a moist sponge sprinkled with soda. This will help you eliminate those unwanted, lingering odors.
- Pouring half a cup of soda into a garbage disposal while running warm water, will help eliminate unwanted smells.
- It is an excellent chrome cleaner. Apply dry soda onto the area you wish to clean, and rub with a dry cloth.
- Eliminate the soured milk smell from a plastic baby’s bottle by filling it with warm water, adding 1 teaspoon of soda, mix and let it stand overnight.
- It will make cloudy ice tea clear again. Just add one pinch of soda to the pitcher.
- Use a solution of soda and water to clean out combs and brushes.
- Sprinkle soda on a greasy garage floor, let stand for awhile, scrub and rinse.
- You can remove strong odors from your hands by rubbing them with soda and water.
- For my last tip, it’s the standard use for baking soda: place an open box of soda in the refrigerator to absorb odors. Replace this box every two months.
Also Read : Remedies in your kitchen
In conclusion, baking soda is an inexpensive addition to any household, with a myriad of uses, that can make life easier, for both men and women.
It is 100% safe to use anywhere around your house. Not only can it be used to clean most surfaces, it can prove to be an effective home remedy for a number of ailments.
Health Articles4 months ago
Man dies from hantavirus in China: All you need to know about the virus, and how it spreads
Health Tips6 months ago
How to protect yourself from corona virus
Home Remedies8 months ago
Home Remedies for Dark Circle
Women's Health10 months ago
What is Blue waffle disease and it’s causes
Health Tips5 months ago
Protect yourself from the coronavirus: 2019-nCoV
Health Tips9 months ago
Fat Burning Foods
Health Tips10 months ago
“40 Weight Loss Tips – The Secrets to A Slimmer You”
Health Tips6 months ago
Good News As China Successfully Cures First Person Of The Deadly Wuhan Coronovirus Using HIV Drugs