kidney stones, an extremely painful urological disorder, have plagued humankind for thousands of years. In fact, scientists have discovered evidence of a kidney stone, in the remains of a 7000 year old mummy.
Furthermore, these stones are one of the most common conditions of the urinary tract.
Moreover, there are almost 3,000,000 people needing medical intervention yearly. Plus, there are an additional 500,000 requiring a visit to the emergency room.
Fortunately, most stones will pass out of the body within a short period by drinking many fluids.
Remember, it is important to consult your doctor if you think you have them. If he thinks the stones are serious enough, he may require you begin taking medicines for them.
What Causes Kidney Stones
Many times, physicians do not know what causes them to form.
However, they are typically characterized by a buildup of calcium, or other types of crystals, in the urinary tract.
In time, the stone will have to pass through the ureters, which are the small tubes connecting the kidneys to the bladder.
Additionally, certain foods may promote the formation of stones in individuals that are susceptible.
Likewise, diet plays a major role in determining what minerals accumulate in your urine. In fact, you should avoid all spicy foods until the stones have passed.
Additionally, it is estimated that 90% of all stones are formed from calcium deposits. Thus, you should limit your intake of calcium products if you’re prone to develop calcium-based stones.
In normal individuals, calcium is usually eliminated from the body through the urine, it is only when levels of these minerals become too high, that crystals form.
Also, individuals with a family history of stones may be more likely to develop them.
Home Remedies to Prevent A Kidney Stone
Fortunately, all is not lost. Here’s a list of 10 things you can do to help you prevent or pass them:
- Drink water – By drinking additional water, you increase the volume of urine produced. Subsequently, this helps to decrease the various stone-forming elements that can make up a stone.
- Be sure to take plenty of magnesium – Foods rich in magnesium have been shown to be helpful in preventing the formation of stones.Indeed, magnesium functions to lower the amount of oxadate minerals in urine. Oxadate is one of the main components of kidney stones.
- Avoid phosphoric acid – Phosphoric acid is found in numerous products such as soft drinks. This chemical gives certain beverages a citrus taste, and may contribute to the formation of stones.
- Lay off the vitamin C – By taking 3 to 4 grams of vitamin C daily, you can increase oxalate production, putting you at greater risk for developing stones.
- Don’t take too much vitamin D – Excessive amounts of this particular vitamin can lead to increased calcium production, which can facilitate the formation of stones.
- Watch your antacid intake – Certain over-the-counter antacids often contain high amounts of calcium. What is more, if you’ve ever had a calcium-based stone, and are currently taking an antacid, make sure it does not contain calcium.
- Detoxify your body – A three-day fast drinking nothing but vegetable juice will help to encourage the passing of a stone. The best juices are those made from green vegetables, carrots, lemons, celery and watermelon.
- Take Uva ursi – This traditional herbal treatment has been found to be effective against stones. It functions to relieve pain, cleanse the urinary tract, while fighting infection.
- Take dandelion root – Dandelion root is an effective kidney cleanser. Take 250 to 500 mg. of dandelion root, twice daily.Caution, you should not take this for more than one month at a time.
- Drink horsetail tea – Take chopped horsetail leaves, and let them steep in cold water approximately 12 hours. You should drink 3 to 4 cups each day.
kidney stones can be an extremely painful condition.
Hopefully, you will be one of the 85% of individuals who pass their stones naturally within the first 4 days.
If not, I hope that the above-mentioned remedies can help prevent, or dissolve these stones.
Health Articles6 months ago
Man dies from hantavirus in China: All you need to know about the virus, and how it spreads
Women's Health1 year ago
What is Blue waffle disease and it’s causes
Health Tips8 months ago
How to protect yourself from corona virus
Health Tips12 months ago
Fat Burning Foods
Home Remedies11 months ago
Home Remedies for Dark Circle
Health Tips8 months ago
Protect yourself from the coronavirus: 2019-nCoV
Health Tips8 months ago
Balanced Ayurvedic Diet according to Doshas – Benefits and Diet Plan
Herbs1 year ago
Guduci / Tinospora cordifolia