Weight Loss Tips
- Set realistic goals.Try not to set goals that are unreachable.A weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week is an attainable goal.Trying to lose too much, too fast, may cause a loss of muscle tissue, which you don’t want.
- Avoid trans fats and high fructose corn syrup.
Not only are these two food ingredients bad for you, but high fructose corn syrup can cause you to eat more than you should.This is because foods that are high in high fructose corn syrup, don’t promote a feeling of fullness after eating.
- Make sure you get plenty of sleep each night.In order for your body to function as an efficient fat burning machine, it needs to get at least eight hours of sleep each night.
- Eat lots of fiber.When you first begin to lose fat, you may have a problem with constipation.Not only does fiber help with this problem, it helps to facilitate weight loss.
- Drink plenty of water. If you’re not drinking enough water each day, your body is not working at peak levels. Also, water tends to provide an energy boost.
- Get plenty of exercise. The next item on my list of weight loss tips is exercise. Exercise is very important for weight loss as it keeps the body’s metabolism revved up. Without exercise, at some point, you will find that weight loss becomes extremely difficult, perhaps impossible.
- Eat slowly. Have you ever noticed that thin people take a very long time to eat? By eating slowly, you make sure that your brain receives the proper signals from the stomach. It takes about 20 minutes before the stomach tells the brain it is full.
- Eat breakfast each day. Studies have found that people who eat breakfast each day, are significantly less likely to be overweight.Eating cereal is your best bet.
- Cut 100 calories from your diet each day. Replace that candy bar with a fresh fruit instead.By implementing this weight loss tip, you can lose one pound a month.
- Once a week, indulge in a high calorie tasting, but low-calorie treat.For example, 3 ounces of lobster only contains 83 calories, and 12 large shrimp only contains 60 calories.
- Change your lifestyle. It’s only by making permanent changes in how you eat, that you will see a permanent weight loss.If you’re on a ‘diet’, you’re destined to slowly gain that weight back in a few months.
- Remember that women aren’t men. For the next of my weight loss tips, you must remember that it’s a proven physiological fact that men can lose weight much easier then women can.This means that you women should have different weight loss goals then you men.
- Avoid fast food. Most fast food is high in trans fats, calories and high fructose corn syrup, making it easy to put on the pounds.
- Weigh yourself at the same time each day. For this weight loss tip. you must remember that your weight can fluctuate 1-2 pounds a day; depending upon what time you weigh yourself.
- Put your salad dressing on the side. You can get fewer calories from salad dressing by dipping your fork in the salad dressing before taking a bite of salad.The small amount of dressing that sticks to the fork is enough to satisfy that craving for dressing.
- Understand that you will occasionally overindulge. If, when out on the town, you eat too much, don’t beat yourself up over it, just pick yourself up and get back on track the next day.
- Avoid sugar. Number 18 on my list of weight loss tips is to avoid sugar. Sugar is nothing but empty calories that has no nutritional value whatsoever. It only causes you to gain weight.
Additionally, you have to watch what you eat, as it’s in everything. If you must have sugar, get it from fresh fruits.
- Keep a food diary. By documenting what you eat each day, you can become aware of behaviors and emotions that trigger overeating.Study your diary and identify any triggers where you can make more healthy changes.
- Eat small frequent meals. Instead of eating three big meals each day, try to eat 5 to 6 smaller meals each day.
This will help you to balance your caloric intake throughout your day.
- Eat one less cookie each day. By doing so, you will save yourself around 100 calories each day, which translates to a weight loss of approximately 1 pound a month.
- Surround yourself with the color blue. There’s a good reason why most fast food restaurants aren’t decorated with the color blue.As hard as it is to believe, the color blue functions as an appetite suppressant. Serve up dinner on blue plates, cover your table with a blue tablecloth etc.
- Reduce the size of your dinner plates. Studies have shown that the less food that you put in front of you, the less you will eat, and the more pounds you will lose.
- Serve your dinner restaurant style (food on the plates) rather than family-style (food served in bowls on the table).
When your plate is empty, that’s it. Make it a rule that there is no reaching for seconds.
- Hang a mirror across from your seat at the table. One study found that people that ate in front of a mirror reduced their caloric intake by almost 1/3.
- Find an online weight loss group. For the last of our weight loss tips, find an online support that you can join.
- Drink regular coffee. Trendy coffee drinks from fancy coffee joints, often contain several hundred calories per serving.A cup of regular coffee with skim milk has a fraction of the calories that the fancy coffees do.
- Use nonfat powdered milk in coffee. With this weight loss tip, you get the nutritional benefits of skim milk but without the calories.Additionally, because the water has been removed, powdered milk doesn’t water down the coffee, the same way that skim milk does.
- Eat 90% of your meals at home. Number 28 of my weight loss tips is to eat at home. You’re more likely to eat more, and consume more high calorie foods, when eating out. Many restaurants serve very large portions of each entree.
- Eat only when you hear your stomach growling. It’s amazing how we often eat because we’re bored, nervous, or because it’s a habit. We do this so often that we lose touch with what real physical hunger is all about. Next time, wait until you hear your stomach growl before eating.
- Eat fresh fruit instead of drinking fruit juices. For the number of calories found in one container of fruit juice, you could eat three servings of fresh fruit.
- When eating out, always order the smaller servings. The next of my weight loss tips is to avoid super sizing your foods at restaurants.Instead, opt for the smaller sizes of each food.
- Switch to 2% milk from regular milk. By doing so, you will cut your calories by some 20%.If you already drink 2%, switch to 1%, and you will reduce your caloric intake also.
- Take a walk before eating. Not only does this weight loss tip burn calories and boost your metabolism, it also curbs the appetite.In one study, it was found that 20 minutes of walking reduced the appetite and increased the sensation of fullness as effectively as a light meal.
- Eat a handful of almonds. one study found that individuals eating a moderate fat diet, combined with almonds, lost more weight than a control group that didn’t eat any nuts.
- Don’t eat with lots of people. One study, published in the Journal of Physiological Behavior, found that people tend to eat more, when they’re part of a large group.This is probably because we tend to spend more time at the table, when part of large social groups.
- Spend one fewer hour in front of the tube. In one study of 76 undergraduates, it was learned that the more they watched television the more often they ate, and the greater their caloric intake. Instead, go for a walk and burn some calories.
- Eat most of your calories before noon. Studies have shown that the more you eat in the morning, the less you eat later in the day. Plus, you have more opportunities to burn off those early-morning calories, than those obtained later in the day.
- Sniff an apple, a banana or a peppermint when you feel hungry. This may seem silly, but researchers have found that the more frequently people sniffed these foods, the less hungry they were, and the more weight they lost. One theory is that by sniffing these foods, you fool the brain into thinking you’re actually eating it.
- Brush your teeth after every meal. That clean fresh taste you get from brushing, sends a signal to your brain that mealtime is over.
- It’s important to have people that can provide support to you, especially when things seem tough. Talk about your successes, your failures, anything that can help to get you back on track.
In conclusion, weight loss can be a struggle for many people. Frequently, individuals get on the ‘diet’ treadmill, quickly regaining the pounds lost after ending the diet.
Permanent weight loss involves lifestyle changes, and is much more than being on a diet. Dieters are doomed to fail, as diets always end, with people returning to their old eating habits that caused their weight gain in the first place. But, as the old saying goes, there’s more than one way to skin a cat, and, hopefully, these 40 weight loss tips will help you achieve your desired weight much easier.
Health Articles4 months ago
Man dies from hantavirus in China: All you need to know about the virus, and how it spreads
Health Tips6 months ago
How to protect yourself from corona virus
Home Remedies8 months ago
Home Remedies for Dark Circle
Women's Health10 months ago
What is Blue waffle disease and it’s causes
Health Tips5 months ago
Protect yourself from the coronavirus: 2019-nCoV
Health Tips9 months ago
Fat Burning Foods
Health Tips6 months ago
Good News As China Successfully Cures First Person Of The Deadly Wuhan Coronovirus Using HIV Drugs
Health Tips6 months ago
Balanced Ayurvedic Diet according to Doshas – Benefits and Diet Plan